Dental Services North Hollywood, CA
We offer comprehensive dental services for families and patients. We understand that you have many options in dental care and aim to provide you with the highest quality of care possible. By leveraging modern dental technology and having a highly trained team, we can ensure that you and your family stay in excellent oral health. We practice gentle dentistry and will ensure that your experience is positive and that you stay comfortable during your dental treatments.
At SoCal Dental Care, we offer flexible appointment times since we understand how busy life can be. Whether you are a busy professional or a mom on the go, we can work with you to arrange a time that is convenient for your schedule. If you have multiple family members that need to have their teeth cleaned, let us know. We can try to arrange everyone's appointment for around the same time so that you only have to visit the dentist twice a year, instead of multiple times.
Our Dental Services
If you are looking for a North Hollywood dentist that can prevent infections, treat them, and beautifully restore or transform your smile; we offer all of those solutions as part of our dental work. If you live or work near the North Hollywood area, we invite you to call (818) 475-8418 and schedule an appointment. During your initial examination, we will inspect your teeth and gums to determine if there are any cavities or if an infection is present. Early detection is important since it allows us to provide treatment before you experience any discomfort. Unlike other physical ailments that may not manifest until you are in pain, oral health problems show signs along the way. When we see those signs, we can prevent you from getting a full-blown infection by providing early treatment. For this reason, we recommend that you schedule a dental exam twice a year.
In addition to examining and cleaning your teeth, we offer dental services to restore the health of infected teeth as well. Whether this involves treating a cavity, performing a root canal or deep cleaning the gums, we can do so while keeping you comfortable. While you relax, we can complete the treatment so that you can leave in better health than when you came in.
If you are looking for restorative or cosmetic work, we can help with that as well. In many cases, a cracked or chipped tooth is the result of an accident. We can restore the tooth to the best of our abilities, regardless of the accident. Other times, patients request a full smile makeover to close gaps between teeth, change the tooth's shape, whiten their teeth, cover dark stains, straighten the teeth, or replace missing teeth. Whatever the case may be, we have the skills and experience to successfully complete the transformation and restore your teeth to good health in the process. For more information or to schedule an appointment with SoCal Dental Care call 818-475-8418.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Services North Hollywood
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. What dental services can help treat an infection?
Q. Is it important to treat dental issues early?
Q. How often should I see a dentist?
People Also Ask
Q. What are some at-home tips for proper dental hygiene?
Q. What can I do to repair damaged teeth?
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Services
How Often Do I Need X-Rays For Routine Dental Care?
Many dental patients have come to expect X-rays as a part of routine dental care. Once or twice a year, a patient may be asked to undergo this simple procedure that provides pictures of the teeth above and below the gum line. Healthy patients rarely have to think beyond holding still for a moment so that…
5 Everyday Oral Hygiene Tips To Whiten Teeth
With good oral hygiene, you will always have fresh breath and beautiful teeth. Along with brushing, flossing and rinsing with a mouthwash that contains fluoride, this includes teeth whitening. By following a proper regimen, you can also avoid tartar and plaque that can lead to infection and tooth loss.White teeth and proper oral hygiene are…
What Happens During A Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Has your general dentist told you that you need a full mouth reconstruction to restore your teeth and smile? This is an important procedure for your health and the aesthetics of your teeth. You will likely go into your procedure with some questions and concerns. It is helpful to understand what will take place at…
When A Simple Tooth Extraction Is Recommended
Simple extraction and surgical extraction are the two kinds of tooth extraction. Read on to learn more about this type of dental procedure. Simple tooth extraction is done on a tooth above the gums and does not involve splitting the tooth into sections or using surgical procedures.If a tooth has suffered damage due to an…