Preventative Dental Care North Hollywood, CA
At SoCal Dental Care, we provide preventative dental care for patients throughout the North Hollywood area and invite you to schedule a dental exam today. We know that if you have your teeth cleaned on a regular basis, you can decrease your risk of getting cavities or experiencing gum disease. Overall, taking the time to have your teeth cleaned can prevent general discomfort and even tooth loss. If you haven't been to the dentist in a while, now is the time to schedule an exam so that you can prevent many common oral health issues that can negative impact your quality of life. We provide preventative dental care and will ensure that your appointment is a positive one and that you remain comfortable during your dental exam and treatments.
We practice preventative dental care and are regularly asked why it is so important. Virtually everyone is at risk for tooth decay. Tooth decay is so common that it is the number one infectious disease among children in the United States. Additionally, according to the NIH, 92 percent of adults ages 20 to 64, have had a cavity. With odds like these, the reason for having your teeth cleaned become fairly clear. Simultaneously, we know that there is a direct link between visiting the dentist regularly and maintaining your adult teeth as you age. A Gallup study found that in states like Connecticut, where 74 percent of the adult population visits the dentist regularly, complete adult tooth loss is very low – 10 percent. However, in states where people don't visit the dentist regularly, like West Virginia, complete tooth loss is incredibly high (up to 37 percent). The facts paint a bleak picture for those that don't visit the dentist on a regular basis. However, the good news is that you can prevent cavities and tooth loss by simply scheduling preventative dental care appointments. To get started call our office at (818) 821-8308. Our friendly team will be happy to schedule an appointment for a time that works with your job and family schedule so that you can receive the care that you need.
It’s Your Time
According to the Center for Disease Control, around 164 million work hours are missed every single year due to dental issues. If you don't have time for the dentist, this should be cause for concern. Not taking an hour to have your teeth cleaned can cause you to become part of that statistic. If you have a demanding job or a busy life with the kids, you don't have time to be preoccupied with a dental emergency or severe toothache. The only way to prevent one, however, is to brush and floss at home and to visit our office for preventative dental care. A regular dental exam and teeth cleaning takes an hour or less so you can complete it on your lunch break. At SoCal Dental Care, we will work within your schedule, making it easy to schedule a dental appointment. We encourage you to take the time now so that you don't have to spend more time dealing with an emergency later on.
Preventative Dental Care Can Save You Money
In addition to helping you avoid a nasty toothache and saving you time, preventative dental care can also save you money. At SoCal Dental Care, we can treat your tooth decay or infected tooth, regardless of how minor or severe the problem is. We prefer, however, to identify the problem quickly and before it has the chance to spread and cause you a great deal of discomfort. It is also important to note that if you have a small cavity, all that you will likely need is for the decayed portion to be removed. A filling can then restore the missing tooth structure. While the cost of every procedure depends on the extent of the work being done, a good rule of thumb is that a filling will cost around a third of what a crown will cost. If you are looking to save money, catching a cavity early, when all that's needed is a filling, will provide a significant savings. Unfortunately, those that do not receive regular dental care often wait until the discomfort is so severe that they can't stand it any longer. By this point, the decay or infection is likely to be so severe that a crown will be necessary. Given the higher cost, you could have three fillings for the price of one crown. Therefore, preventative dental care makes financial sense.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Preventative Dental Care North Hollywood
Deep Cleaning Can Prevent Tooth Loss
Another way that preventative dental care can save you money is in the realm of tooth loss. A leading causes of tooth loss among adults is gum disease. If plaque and bacteria are left on your gums and teeth, it can become trapped underneath the gum tissue. This can cause them to swell and bleed. During regular dental appointments, we can identify early signs of gum disease and perform a deep cleaning if necessary. Once the plaque and bacteria have been removed, your gums should return to good health. However, if gum disease is left untreated, your gums can start to recede, and pockets can be created in the gum tissue. This will expose your teeth to attack, bone, and tooth loss. At that point, you will be forced to either live with a missing tooth or replace it using dentures, a dental bridge or a dental implant. All of these solutions are effective and can restore your smile. They will, however, cost you significantly more money than what you would spend on a simple teeth cleaning and dental exam. The cost comparison is truly no comparison at all. If you are budget conscious, having your teeth regularly cleaned should, therefore, be a top priority. At SoCal Dental Care, we can work with you to create a plan for preventative dental care and address any current health issues that you have so that your dental work is affordable. If you live in the North Hollywood area, don't delay in scheduling your dental exam. Call 818-821-8308 today.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Enamel Loss
- Enamel loss can result from multiple health issues including tooth erosion and occurs when acids slowly wears away the enamel.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Oral Cancer Screening
- An oral cancer screening can be a part of a regular dental checkup with a professional checking the gums and face for any signs of oral cancer.
- Periodontitis is a condition that occurs when inflammation of the gums surrounding the teeth causes the gums to shrink and loosen the teeth.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Secondary Health Problems
- Secondary health problems require the treatment of a specialist in a specific field instead of a general dentist to receive more than just a regular checkup.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
- Topical Fluoride Treatment
- A topical fluoride treatment is typically a type of gel-like substance that people can apply to their teeth, such as toothpaste.
Back to top of Preventative Dental Care
Many dental patients have come to expect X-rays as a part of routine dental care. Once or twice a year, a patient may be asked to undergo this simple procedure that provides pictures of the teeth above and below the gum line. Healthy patients rarely have to think beyond holding still for a moment so that…
Getting a dental cleaning is an essential part of maintaining good oral health. However, it can be difficult to know how often to get one done. Most general dentists recommend dental cleanings twice a year, but there are certain signs to be aware of that can indicate a need for them more frequently. Outlined below are…
With good oral hygiene, you will always have fresh breath and beautiful teeth. Along with brushing, flossing and rinsing with a mouthwash that contains fluoride, this includes teeth whitening. By following a proper regimen, you can also avoid tartar and plaque that can lead to infection and tooth loss.White teeth and proper oral hygiene are…
Has your general dentist told you that you need a full mouth reconstruction to restore your teeth and smile? This is an important procedure for your health and the aesthetics of your teeth. You will likely go into your procedure with some questions and concerns. It is helpful to understand what will take place at…