Are you aware that
- Approximately one in four to one in six children under the age of 9 years are living with untreated tooth decay and recurring episodes of disabling tooth ache.
- The global prevalence of dental caries in children under the age of 5 years is 20 to 40% (depending upon the availability of dental healthcare services in the region)
- 27% of children (5 to 19 years old) have dental sealants placed on their teeth according to a latest report of Center for Disease Control in the United States
- A fair percentage of children suffer from gum diseases (such as acute or chronic gingivitis), tooth loss, poor dental aligning, improper teeth spacing and other similar dental issues that affect their smile, confidence and physical health.
It has been observed that poorly managed dental issues in childhood persists even in adulthood. Poor oral hygiene directly affects the growth and development in children by affecting nutritional intake. In addition, long standing inflammation or infection is a established risk factor in the pathogenesis of several cardiac diseases. Your child needs periodic dental examinations for several reasons; such as:
- Development of healthy eating and chewing behavior
- Maintenance of attractive physical features (improper teeth development can significantly affect the cosmetic appearance of the lower face)
- Development of articulation and speech
- Optimal growth and development of jaw bones and muscles that surround and support the oral cavity.
- Setting the ground for the normal eruption of permanent teeth
- Extraction of impacted or poorly erupted teeth helps in minimizing the risk of abscess and infection. In addition, it also helps in eruption of permanent teeth.
- Flouride Treatment/ Teeth Cleaning for a bright sparkling smile and to get rid of dangerous plaque/ calculus that is the leading cause of gum disease.
- Preventive Care to educate children and parents about the proper art of brushing and flossing.
- Space Maintainers; metal or plastic devices that aims at maintaining the space between teeth where it is needed.
In addition, you can also consult our dental experts for other options to optimally manage oral hygiene and the dental health of your child.
- Pedo Partial
- Composite Fillings
- Kinder Crowns
- Thumb Sucking Appliances
- Amalgam Fillings
- Sealants to prevent cavities
Why Choose Us?
At SoCal Dental Care we are fully aware of the impact of poor oral hygiene on the overall health and development of your child. That’s why we use State of the Art technology and high-tech equipment to deliver effective, efficient, and excellent oral therapies in a comfortable and fun environment.
We are specifically concerned about the safety and health of the children and utilize highly specialized sterilization techniques to prevent disease and infections. In addition, our team of dental experts strives to provide a pain-free, relaxed, and fun experience to your child.